Life is a journey and it is not going to be a smooth journey. Everyone will face troubles and challenges at some point in their life. Everything that happens to us has a purpose. When things are not going well, we should not just give in and lock ourselves out. We should face our life challenges head on and treat them as the learning tools for both self improvement and success.
I remember watching Patch Adams - it is my favorite movie, actually. It is one great film that will help you improve yourself. Hunter "patch" Adams is a medical student who failed to make it through the board exams. After months of suffering in melancholy, depression and suicidal attempts - he decided to seek for medical attention and voluntarily admitted himself in a psychiatric ward.
His months of stay in the hospital led him to meeting different kinds of people. Sick people in that matter. He met a catatonic, a mentally retarded, a schizophrenic and so on. Patch found ways of treating his own ailment and finally realized he has to get back on track. He woke up one morning realizing that after all the failure and pains he has gone through, he still want to become a doctor.
He carries with himself a positive attitude that brought him self improvement and success. He didn't only improved himself, but also the life of the people around him and the quality of life. Did he succeed? Needless to say, he became the best damn doctor his country has ever known.
Therefore, as you can see from the above story, self improvement and success go hand in hand. If you want to achieve success, you need to improve yourself. Here are some self improvement tips to help you...
* Develop Success Mindset. When you think you can succeed, you can. When you think you will fail, you are going to fail. It requires the same effort so why not choose to think success instead of failure?
* Have a purpose in life. Set goals in your life and outline the steps to accomplish your goals. Life without a goal is a life that is not worth living.
* Help others to succeed. By committing yourself to help others, you are actually forcing yourself to learn and to improve so that you can help people. The more people you help to succeed, the more successful you will become.
* Accept thing as it is. You can help others but you can't change their attitude. What you can do is to focus on changing yourself to a better person each day. You can influence others to follow your foot steps but you can't force them to change. Just accept it as it is.
* Stop comparing yourself with others. You have your own set of value so go and do some soul searching and dig out the goodness inside you. Different people see value from different perspective. Don't say that I wish I could be that guy or girl, find out the good qualities and values from others and see how you can develop the same qualities.
* Stay away from negative people. Negative people can pull you down and drain you out, they can waste your energy and destroy your dreams. So stay away from them before they destroy your dreams.
* Take time and make rooms for self improvement. Read self improvement books and attend personal development seminars. They can perk you up and motivate you to improve. It is important that you never stop learning.
* Success is a process. Remember that there is no such thing as overnight success. To achieve success, you need to pay the price. Most people focus on the prize before they pay the price.
I have shared with you a lot of tips on how to improve yourself for success in this article. I hope you find them useful and apply them in your day-to-day life.